Local Community Engagement
Community Service Day
EMD Serono employees are committed to giving back and contributing to the communities in which we work and live. Each year, #EMDSeronoDifferenceMakers come together in Massachusetts and around the country to help create lasting, meaningful impact within local communities.
We partner with the volunteer agency Boston Cares to connect us with local organizations such as elementary schools, summer camps, nature centers, and specialty care facilities. Through these civic engagements we hope to enhance the well-being of our neighbors and help build stronger communities.
Here’s how we made a difference in 2018:
- 860+ hours of service contributed
- 31 flower boxes built and pots painted
- 17 murals and blacktop games painted
- 640 feet of fence painted
- 21 picnic tables built, sanded and stained
- 34 flowers and bushes planted
- 190 children educated with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Information
- 258,000+ residents benefited
Building a Future for STEM
We provide nearly $5M per year in support toward science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education, and medical and science innovation in the Boston area to organizations such as MassBioEd, Junior Achievement of Northern New England, Science Club for Girls, as well as numerous educational initiatives in our communities.
Through these partnerships and programs, we have helped to strengthen teacher skills, spark student interest, cultivate a deeper appreciation for science, and most importantly, make a difference in public schools.