Welcome to EMD Serono’s corporate social media channels, where you will find our latest company news, information on our therapeutic areas of focus, and employee activities. Our social media presence is an important way for us to interact and communicate transparently with patients, caregivers, customers and other stakeholders.
As a biopharmaceutical company, we are mindful of the regulations that govern our industry, and all comments submitted to our social media platforms are monitored for appropriateness. We encourage you to join the conversation, but please know that when you engage, you are agreeing to our Community Guidelines, as outlined below. These guidelines apply to all of our social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Please read through these guidelines and check back from time to time as they may change.
- Due to the regulatory environment in which we operate, we cannot offer medical advice or otherwise engage in a promotion or discussion about products or treatment options — ours or other companies’ — on our social media platforms. Any information presented on our social media platforms should not serve as a substitute for discussions with your doctor. If you have questions about a medical condition, please speak to a qualified healthcare professional.
- We consider the following content (below) unacceptable and reserve the right to delete content or block users who violate these terms:
- Content that is misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive
- Content that contains language that is obscene, offensive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, discriminatory, disparaging, threatening, repetitive or disruptive to the community and/or EMD Serono (including images, videos and links)
- Content that includes information to pitch products or services
- Content that names or references any medications, treatments, or medical devices, including those in development, developed or marketed by EMD Serono.
- Content that contains medical advice
- Posts that are excessively repetitive, irrelevant, politically driven, unrelated to content on the page, disruptive to the community and/or are spam-like in nature
- Posts that contain links, including those to videos, not owned by EMD Serono
- Posts that include messages that contain any personal, proprietary or sensitive information about, or related to EMD Serono, its affiliates, or any other person or company
- Posts that are related to current or future litigation in which EMD Serono or its affiliates are involved
- Posts that violate LinkedIn’s User Agreement, Facebook’s Terms of Service, and Twitter’s Terms of Service, and YouTube’s Terms of Service
Please note that if you experience a possible side effect from any product, you should report this information via the following ways:
- Go to the FDA website at http://www.fda.gov/Medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- Call EMD Serono at 1-800-283-8088 extension 5563.